Recent events have highlighted the importance of close-circuit TV in identifying and prosecuting rioters and looters. Over 3000 people have been arrested so far, and video evidence will play a major part in securing convictions.
For successful prosecution (and, therefore, for future deterrence) its vital that CCTV systems produce and record clear and unambiguous images. We ‘ve been installing and maintaining CCTV security systems for many years here is our guidance on how to make sure your CCTV helps protect your both business and the wider community.
- Determine key areas where images of potential offenders can be captured. These include street areas immediately outside your premises; entrances to customer and staff areas and stockrooms (covering both those entering and those leaving); places where cash or valuables are held or worked with; and side and rear areas where entry may be attempted.
- Site cameras and lighting in these areas that capture sufficient detail to allow identification and prosecution to succeed. This means careful consideration of sight lines, camera angles, lens choice and image quality.
- Design and specify tamper and vandal resistant CCTV systems, so that they are difficult for potential offenders to neutralise
- Ensure that recordings made are of high quality, and protected from physical attack. Nowadays this generally means solid state or hard disk recording, with the digital recorder in a protected part of the premises or stored in a hardened lock box
- If your installation falls short in any of these areas consider asking for professional advice on reconfiguring and upgrading it.
Our belief is that every business with CCTV protection can play a part in detecting and deterring crime. Our advice: review your system, decide whether changes are needed, then speak to an industry professional (choose a member of the National Security Inspectorate) and arrange for any improvements that maybe necessary to be made. At CCTV Camera London we d be pleased to help any business that wants to review its image-capture systems and doesn’t already have a trusted supplier and to advise those considering CCTV for the first time. Our website gives full details on our service and our general and special offers. Eoin Clarke Managing Director CCTV Camera London Ltd 07977 177775 http://www.cctvcameraeurope.com/ http://www.facebook.com/CCTV.Camera.Europe.London http://twitter.com/#!/cctvexperts http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=51731930 Please check out our FREE online videos. About Us Video – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyZ9yaKxOG0 Protect your Business Video – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_fiYr-zO5I ‘Protect your business. Feel safe, save money’